Saturday, October 25, 2008

I am not my hair!!

While I do love being natural and I think my hair is great I have learned that just as simply as I have a good hair day I can have a bad. And just like my hair grows one day through some traumatic event or just old age it can stop growing. My hair does not define me, it doesn't make me any doper than what I already am, my personality has not all of a sudden changed because I decided to stop relaxing it. I'm still the same, high-maintenance, somewhat neurotic, demanding, loyal and loving, crazy girl!!! So these are some misconceptions people have had of me in the few months I've been wearing my hair natural, I find it funny so I decided to share.
1) No I do not recite poetry. The Man up above did not bless me with the gift of spoken word and while I do write ALOT!! It's for my eyes only.
2) No I don't no where to find that good, matter of fact can you tell me, because I have no connects whatsoever.
3) Please I pray to Jesus above, stop asking me when I'm going to loc my hair. The answer will be never!!! I liken that to someone asking me when I was going to get a perm when I was wearing a relaxer. And not that anything is wrong with locs I just don't want them.
4) My political views still have not changed. I'm still a relatively conservative, sorry.
5) I do not make my own jewelry, candles, shoes or whatever. See number one, the Lord didn't bless me with the gift of creativity.
6) When I straighten my hair temporarily I am not being a traitor to my race. I just wanted a change can a sister be allowed to switch it up, shit I'm not trying to pass I think my brown skin is a dead giveaway.
7) Just because I wear a wig does not mean I am bald head and I hate my hair it just mean I wanted a temporary change.
8) I am not hating on you because your hair is straight and swinging in the wind. I don't hate on people it's stupid, I mean my hair swings in the wind too, just don't run your finger through it may get tangled in there.
9) Just because my hair changed doesn't mean my taste in men has. I still like them how I liked them before.
10) Last but certainly not least, get you damn hands out of my hair!!!! I am not a fur baby!!! I know it looks like a bush of thistles and you are surprised at how soft it is, but please keep your paws out of my hair before you draw back a nub!!!
So that's it!!! People hold too much value in hair, it's just freaking hair. If you want to press it, perm it, relax it, dye it, wig it, weave it, twist it, loc it, or just rock it how it in a fro do you!!! My only concession is you do it well!!! Peace and blessings

1 comment:

Queeny20 said...

Okay this list has me dying!!! Q