Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year, New Blog direction: Single girl's guide to being single.

Over the last year I've been trying to figure out what the direction of my blog would be, I'm not a product junkie so I knew turning this into a hair blog wouldn't work.  Though I love fashion, I'm not the most creative dresser, I pretty much stick to black or suits for work, so a fashion blog was out of the question.  I initially started the blog to track my love life and my dating escapades, but, ummm I don't really have all that going on in my life.  So after much thought and consideration and trying to find something, I myself, would want to read, I settled on creating a single girl's guide to being single.
Why you ask? Because it seems women lament in being single, a lot of us see being single as something to be until something better comes along.  And that something better is a man, or woman, whatever floats your boat, no judgment from me.  After hearing from friends, associates, twitter followers and my facebook feed I decided to show that this life is not that bad. I'll be highlighting different things women can do, activities we can participate in, task we can set, to enjoy being single.  Singledom (totally made that word up) does not have to be depressing, it doesn't have to suck, you don't have to be alone. This does not have to be apart of life we are just breezing through until our "knight in shining armor" comes to our rescue.  Because honestly he may never come and who wants to look back on their life and realize they wasted it, waiting for something that may never come. As an aside, the blog is not in any way dissing women in relationships. I think even women in relationships can benefit from the joys of being single and they also have great advice and tips on how they enjoyed the single life.  So follow me as I journey through this single life, this blog will be a gumbo of everything from, lifestyle, time management, planning, fashion, dating, hair, you name it I plan on blogging about it.  I hope you all enjoy and I will appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks,

Tiffer

No comments: